A NOTE FROM MRS. APSEY
Dear Quincy Families,
We have survived seven weeks of this crisis! Please pause and give yourself a pat on the back. You are doing a great job, and we appreciate you very much.
This upcoming week, May 4-8, is Teacher Appreciation Week! I know that you join me in being very thankful for the work Quincy teachers are doing to keep students connected. None of us would’ve chosen our circumstances, and we are so grateful that our teachers quickly learned new skills and figured out ways to help our students feel loved and valued even when we cannot be together.
The Quincy PTO asked us to share these Teacher Appreciation ideas with you:
– Have students make thank you signs and hold them up when logging onto Zoom meetings next week. Have them cover the whole screen with their picture/sign and then teachers can take pictures/screenshots. It would be fun to see how they turn out, and we would love to share them to the Quincy DUX Facebook page!
– Have kids/parents come up with a favorite memory of their teacher from this school year and share it to the Quincy DUX Facebook page next week.
As a reminder, your students’ teachers are here for you and I am here for you, every step of the way. The easiest way to contact teachers or me is through email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We want to know how you are doing. We would love hearing from you through this quick, one question survey. Just click this LINK to access it. The only purpose of the survey is to provide help to Quincy families where it is needed. We have your back!
Stay safe and enjoy each other. We love you all!!
KINDERGARTEN/YOUNG FIVES FORMS
We are so excited about our incoming Kindergarten and Young Fives students! If you have enrollment paperwork that you’d like to send our way, you can feel free to mail it to Quincy (10155 Quincy St., Zeeland, MI 49464) or email it to Mrs. Braymer at email@example.com.
FACEBOOK LIVE READ ALOUDS CONTINUE, 11AM TUES/THURS
QUINCY FAMILY KAHOOT GAME with MRS. VERBEEK
Please join us for our first ever Quincy Family Kahoot Game! Prizes will be given to our winning families! Test your Cinco de mayo/Latino culture/Spanish language knowledge, learn something new, laugh and have fun! Students, invite your parents to participate along with you!
When is it? This Tuesday, Cinco de mayo, at 6:30pm!
Please follow these directions to participate!
1. Click on the zoom link below these directions. Because this will potentially be a large group, the waiting room feature will be on. I will only allow names that I recognize, so please have your child’s/children’s first and last name as the ID. (If you’re not sure how to do that, feel free to google it and figure it out between now and Tuesday. 🙂
2. You all will be muted. If you have a question that has to be asked, please use the chat feature.
3. You will need a second electronic device to participate in the Kahoot game. I will give directions on how to join the Kahoot game at the beginning of our zoom meeting.
4. Zoom allows a max of 100 participants, so I recommend joining a little early and making sure your ID is your child’s first and last name! I can’t accept anything other than their first and last name.
Can’t wait! See you Tuesday!
Topic: Quincy Family Kahoot Game!
Time: May 5, 2020, 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 982 9866 6242
Quincy library books that were checked out before our “Stay-at-Home” order started, can now be returned to the ZPS food delivery buses every Monday and Thursday. Please scroll down to find locations and times. Thank you so much for your help, as we try to gather our books and get our Quincy library ready for when students can return to school again.
2020/21 TRANSPORTATION FORMS
***NOW AVAILABLE ON THE FOOD DELIVERY BUSES***
Paper copies of the 20/21 transportation forms will be available on the Food Distribution buses.
Also, if you have bus tags ZPS will be collecting them on the buses as they make their food distribution rounds!
Forms and/or bus tags may also be sent in the mail for those who wish to stay home.
2020-2021 STUDENT TRANSPORTATION FORM ELEMENTARY
Mail to: ZPS Transportation Dept, 720 E Main Ave, Zeeland, MI 49417
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
STAYING ACTIVE AND HEALTHY WITH ZEELAND RECREATION
Zeeland Recreation is offering an online fitness calendar of free fitness classes led by fitness instructors on their social media platforms. Most of these classes are for adults, but they are also sharing some parent-child fitness activities every Saturday as well.
Also available is an online recreation calendar of free activities that are being shared on their social media platforms that give kids and parents great activities to do from home during this time.
More information can be found online at www.zeelandrecreation.org or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram: @ZeelandRecreation
ZPS MEAL SERVICE SCHEDULE
ZPS meals are available to everyone 18 and under every Monday and Thursday at:
- Borculo Christian School 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Borculo Express Store 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Imperial Estates at Rhodora Drive 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- 1st Protestant Ref Church near Hunters Creek 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Early Childhood Center 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Logan Estates 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Lincoln Elementary 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Innocademy 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Wiersma / Perry Street 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Maple Valley Estates @ 88th Street Entrance 3:45 – 4:15
- Woodbridge Elementary 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Black River Apartments at Cul-de-sac 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Niekerk CRC 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Ottogan Mobile Home park @ office 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Drenthe Grove 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Vriesland Reformed Church 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Lawrence Street Park 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- SKLD at Madison Court 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Drenthe CRC 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Oakland CRC 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Ottawa Reformed Church 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- North Blendon Reformed Church 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Savannah Lakes Community Center 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Melvin / 104th 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Beaverdam Fire Station 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Zeeland Family Fare 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- The Bridge Youth Center 12:00 – 6:00 pm. This site will operate both a walk-up and drive-up service. For those who utilize the drive-up service, please use the parking lot on the east side of the building. Please remain in your car and a volunteer will assist with providing the number of meals needed. Other household supplies may also be available upon request at this location only. The Bridge Youth Center is accepting volunteers and also accepting donations of household items and easy to prepare foods.
BE SURE YOU ARE SIGNED UP FOR “Z for ME” UPDATES
The district will be updating families throughout the break in the “Z for ME” updates.
Sign up using this link