A NOTE FROM MRS. APSEY
Dear Quincy Families,
We all deserve a HUGE pat on the back for making it through week 2! Thank you for your work at home to keep your children happy and healthy! We miss you so much and our teachers are thinking about you all the time, hoping that you are all doing well. Again, if you need anything, just say the word. The easiest way to contact me is through email–email@example.com.
We want to know how you are doing. We would love hearing from you through this quick, one question survey. Just click this LINK to access it. The only purpose of the survey is to provide help to Quincy families where it is needed. We have your back!
I will continue to do Facebook Live read alouds every weekday through Friday, April 3. Feel free to join me on Facebook for the live reading of the book at 11:00am every day. Or, you can access the read alouds on YouTube. Here is today’s fun read aloud:
Stay safe and enjoy each other. We love you all!!
OPTIONAL ACADEMIC RESOURCES
Zeeland Public Schools compiled this list of academic activities and resources to help you during the COVID-19 break. You can access the list using this LINK. Please keep in mind that your family’s safety and welfare come first and that these activities are optional.
IDEAS TO STAY ACTIVE FROM MR. VK
Quincy PE teacher Mr. VK created this resource full of ideas to keep your children moving. Thank you Mr. VK!
IDEAS FOR MUSIC FROM MRS. RUSSELL
Hello Quincy Friends!
I miss you all and I look forward to seeing you when we return to school! Until then, you can access fun musical games and practice your musical skills at: https://musicplayonline.com
I use this site from time to time in class, so it may look familiar to you! You do not need to create an account – just enter the following:
First and second graders: Check out the “What instrument do you hear?” game! You can find music from “Carnival of the Animals” and “Peter and the Wolf” in Listening Kit 1.
Fourth Graders: There are dozens of recorder songs with accompaniment!
All students can enjoy the games, review instruments of the orchestra, do solfa practice, rhythm practice, note review, listening and sing alongs. There are many fun things to explore on the site! Enjoy!
Take good care. I look forward to seeing you soon!
YOUR Q-CREW MISSES YOU AND LOVES YOU!
Your Quincy staff got together virtually this week and want to let you know that we miss you very much, and that we love you!! Check out this quick video.
ZPS MEAL SERVICE SCHEDULE
ZPS meals are available to everyone 18 and under every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at:
- Borculo Christian School 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Borculo Express Store 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Imperial Estates at Rhodora Drive 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- 1st Protestant Ref Church near Hunters Creek 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Early Childhood Center 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Logan Estates 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Lincoln Elementary 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Innocademy 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Wiersma / Perry Street 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Maple Valley Estates @ 88th Street Entrance 3:45 – 4:15
- Woodbridge Elementary 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Black River Apartments at Cul-de-sac 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Niekerk CRC 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Ottogan Mobile Home park @ office 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Drenthe Grove 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Vriesland Reformed Church 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Lawrence Street Park 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- SKLD at Madison Court 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Drenthe CRC 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Oakland CRC 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Ottawa Reformed Church 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- North Blendon Reformed Church 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Savannah Lakes Community Center 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Melvin / 104th 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- Beaverdam Fire Station 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- Zeeland Family Fare 3:45 – 4:15 pm
- The Bridge Youth Center 12:00 – 6:00 pm. This site will operate both a walk-up and drive-up service. For those who utilize the drive-up service, please use the parking lot on the east side of the building. Please remain in your car and a volunteer will assist with providing the number of meals needed. Other household supplies may also be available upon request at this location only. The Bridge Youth Center is accepting volunteers and also accepting donations of household items and easy to prepare foods.
Our Spring Fling is postponed. We look forward to sharing a fun evening together later in the spring. We are going to reschedule the event in a couple weeks. Stay tuned for more information from the PTO at the beginning of April.
BE SURE YOU ARE SIGNED UP FOR “Z for ME” UPDATES
The district will be updating families throughout the break in the “Z for ME” updates.
Sign up using this link